Sunday 22 August 2010

Part Two Giraffeology~Stick Out Your Tongue and Say AAAH!!!

In Part One I touched a little on the giraffe’s amazingly long tongue.

Today I want to talk about how the giraffe uses their long tongue (which by the way can be extended up to 18inches) to reach their food and it’s parallel to us spiritually.

As we know food is used for basic survival. Although all living creatures can go for a while without food we know that eventually after a relatively short time starvation sets in and the body will begin to feed on itself.

One of the remarkable things (to me) that scientists’ have found, is that the human body can go about 40 days without food before it begins to (what I like to call) ‘flesh out’. Feed on itself.

Wow! Just how cool is that. Jesus our Lord put aside His own personal gratification of the joy of food for us.

Although He was probably hungry at first He was not starving. That would begin to set in after the 40 days. The Bible says; That it was after He went up into the mountain to be tempted of the devil that ‘He hungered’.{*1}

When we feed on spiritual things. Like meditating on God’s word and hangin’ out with Him via prayer, praise and just plain ‘chillin’ or as the new terminology goes “soaking in God’s presence" Our flesh won’t be able to rise up and demand that it be satisfied.

The giraffe has a special choice of yummies that it likes to munch on or should I say is designed to. That being, mostly the bark and leaves of the Mimosa or in Bible times the Acacia Tree.

Fruit is another of their other favs. Remember that we are to feed on the Fruit of the Spirit. {2}

Jesus said that man/wo-man does not live on bread (earthly food) alone but by every word that God speaks. {3}

But what about Acacia? I know you Biblical scholars out there are probably saying; “I know what Acacia wood was used for” “The making of the ‘Ark of the Covenant” and “The Tabernacle of Moses” {*4 & *5}

Double Wow!!

To digress to my native tongue the lingo of Ba-rook-lan-eze (the native tongue of Da ‘Brooklynites’) Ya Ar What Ya Eat.“ Full Stop (As they say here in England) aka “Period”

If we can be like the giraffe and reach up high to get to the goodies God has for us. To coin an old phrase we really do need to be “more spiritual minded so we can truly be of earthly good”. Then we will be satisfied in a way that living for mere self gratification, can never satisfy.

Plus we will be equipped to do the work that God has called us to do. We will have enough of God’s sustenance within us so we can be like the plants and in a way photosynthesize. As we are energized by God as He is Light and there is no darkness in Him. {*6} He will give us the power to shine as the lights in this dark world.{*7}

As the Psalmist says ‘Selah’ {*8} in other words push the pause button for a sec and take time to really think. God cared for us so much that He even uses The marvels of His creation to speak to us.

He chose the same kind of tree that the tallest of all animal in the world feeds on. So to sum it up in a nut shell or should I say ‘an acacia leaf’

Just as the giraffe has to stick it’s neck out and stretch to get it’s nourishment we too “You got it” need to reach for the things that God has for us. The things hidden in His Word.

So chow down bay bay

and until the next Giraffeology report Peace and Love, Firedancer

  1. Luke 4:2
  2. Galatians 5:22 & Ephesians 5:9
  3. Matthew 4:4 & Luke 4:4
  4. Exodus 25:10
  5. Exodus 26:15,26:26,36:20
  6. I John 1:5
  7. Phillipians 2:15
  8. Psalm 21:2

6 comments:

  1. That is a really funny picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - Just found your blog by way of the Frog and had to say hi and join the trail in following you around. I am loving your out loud living for Our Savior and life itself! Can't wait to read more!

    xoxox,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jacquie for taking a peek I can't get over how amazing God is what makes the picture of the giraffe so funny to me is that it is real not some computer generated thing. Shows me just how much our loving Lord Loves to make us smile.

    Thanks for joining Ellen as I said in my side bar I am and will forever be praying for the bloggers out there thanks for the encouragement.
    Working on the next Georaffeism and will hopefully have it up in a day or so.
    Off to enjoy the Lord and His gift of this day here in Jolly 'Ol England.
    {{}} Firednacer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Soroya,

    I just had to pop in and thank you for your amazing comments on my blog! YOU made my day!! Thank you!! I have actually been rather weepy for a number of days and your note to me absolutely lifted my spirit! So no, I don't think your irritation was so trivial as it does not seem to take much to reduce me to tears lately. Like you, I turn outwards to the land of Blog and connect to amazing women such as yourself.
    The sunflower is also one of my most favorite flowers and has been for a number of years. I actually just changed my blog header to that picture over this past weekend after I took pictures of the said sunflowers given to me by a sweet friend. So I had to share with everyone by way of my header. Perfect timing for your arrival :)
    I truly believe that Daddy connects us with His perfect timing for a perfect unseen reason. He has been pouring out the need to connect to people all around the world through my blog. It has been nothing short than amazing to be a part of something for someone I've never met and know that He is using me for His purpose of showing His power and love. It is very humbling and I am most grateful.
    By the way, thanks for noticing that I don't call my groupies, "followers". I believe that if someone is going to pay any attention to my ramblings, then they should be recognized as special for their act of kindness.
    Ok, novel done ;)) Can't wait to see your next posting and visit back to the USA. God bless cause He's the Best!
    xoxox,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi its Karen from http://glassofsweettea.blogspot.com/
    I saw you had stopped by and I just wanted to prepay the visit and stop by your place to see you too..
    I have enjoyed browsing through your blog and I will be back to visit you soon...
    looking forward to becoming good friends..

    ReplyDelete

Hi All thank you for sending in your comments they will be greatly appreciated.
B&P
Firedancer

Word UP !!!

Thank you all who have in the recent days read my blog and given me such words of encourage-ment.
I cannot say how overwhelmed my heart is.
Please know that I pray for you all by name and take the time to ask God to bless you and speak directly to your heart as you read the words I write.
By the way I take no credit for the great stuff that comes out on the page.
I know full well that I am just taking dictation.
However for the not so great stuff well that would be me.
In any case I hope that when you read, you go away a little more encouraged. Remembering that we all go through pretty much the same stuff.
The great thing is that we never have to go it alone.
So if you ever need me just shoot me an email or a note and I will shoot up some incense for you directly into God's throne room. And if you can't do that just call out my name and know that I will hear you in the spirit. And I will pray for you even if I don't know you by name. God does and He can and will get the message out and send you the help you need from His sanctuary.
Now be re-freshed as you read 'The WORD UP' aka 'The Fresh Manna For the Day' !!!
~Firedancer
Related Posts with Thumbnails
animated butterflies Pictures, Images and Photos

Soroya-isms

  • B&P = Blessings and Prayers
  • Be Stretched Not Stressed
  • When I find myself Between a rock and a hard place I run to The Rock that is higher than I am
  • Just because I feel it doesn't mean I have to own it
  • I'm having an emotion I'm just trying not to let my emotion have me
  • I'm Living for Today while doing my best for Tomorrow
  • I Don't Take Care, I Shan't Take Care, I Won't Take Care,God Takes Care and I Refuse to so please Keep your 'Take Cares to Yourself"
  • I'm Just Faithing it 'Til the Feelings Come

Slide Show Spring 2010

My Bucket List of a Thankful Heart

  • For my Wonderful English husband who continues to love me and romance me as he promised
  • One of my biggest blessings my sons Sean, Aaron, Evan from my womb and my bonus son Reece from my darling Michaels loins
  • My Son Aaron as he turns 22 on the 27th of November thanks for waiting til my turkey was digested to come
  • Gods faithfulness in answering my cry and causing my sister Bobbie to survive the horror of lung cancer and the removal of part of her lung
  • For all my sisters Careen aka Jill, Leith Allison aka Allie, Marcia in glory land and Bobbie
  • For having been blessed with two marvelous parents now in glory Blenkhorn and Hope Silvera
  • Thank you dear God for the provision you so freely give and for all the generous saints of God who have hearts to give
  • A special thanks to God and the people who helped me fill the 'Christmas boxes' you are wonderful
  • For all the loving prayers of my friends and family
  • Christian friends who love me both here and across the Big Pond
  • For The WALL our (Sue Lucas and my) new Satellite group starting on Thanksgiving and for all who will be a part of it
  • For living in country that is free to worship God openly
  • For Will and Caroline Kemp and the Point
  • For God TV, UCB Radio and Television and for all the great preaching and teaching I can enjoy
  • Last but not least (for now) the honour of having my name written in the Lambs book of Life because of Jesus' sacrificial blood