This morning I was meditating on Exodus 16 about how God gave fresh manna in the desert to the moaney cry babies of Israel. My, my, how we as humans forget so easily how much God has freely given us. There are so many things for us to be thankful to God for, yet many times we moan and complain because we do not have what we want. When we want it. We, or at least I can many times be like the Israelites wanting the comfort food. The stew with the leeks and onions for a bit of flavour. The instant fast food of self gratification. Not the food from heaven. Yes it is hard to give God his portion first. To daily seek God's face and lay down our own will and emotions to be the living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God. Yes, being that living sacrifice can be a rather scary thing. In fact I guarantee that the flesh has no desire to be put on the barby. Like the Israelite people many times we would rather eat (consume it on our own lusts) the sacrifice rather than "Be the sacrifice". The carnal personality struggles to enter into God's rest, instead of just chillin out and resting on His breast listening to the sound of His heart beat. Waiting to find out what it is that our Lord wants for us each new day. More times than I want, I can be like the farmer who wants a crop but doesn't want to plant any seed. So for dinner he serves up the seed on a plate for him and his family and then moans because it is not satisfying. I don't know about you but I want the fresh manna every morning. The kind that comes only from communing with God. It is in that time of getting with God and resting in His presence that we are given the fresh manna for each new day.
Manna means "What is it?" So if we are to be sustained in the heat of every day living. We have to gather our answers from God in the cool of the day (Genesis 3:8) That is the Kiros time not the chronos time. It is when we cease from our own labor and simply rest in our Lord that He gives us the answers to face each new day and all the challenges it may bring.
So go for it, gather your fresh manna but only enough for today because each day has it's own new challenges. (Matthew 6:34)
Word UP !!!
Thank you all who have in the recent days read my blog and given me such words of encourage-ment.
I cannot say how overwhelmed my heart is.
Please know that I pray for you all by name and take the time to ask God to bless you and speak directly to your heart as you read the words I write.
By the way I take no credit for the great stuff that comes out on the page.
I know full well that I am just taking dictation.
However for the not so great stuff well that would be me.
In any case I hope that when you read, you go away a little more encouraged. Remembering that we all go through pretty much the same stuff.
The great thing is that we never have to go it alone.
So if you ever need me just shoot me an email or a note and I will shoot up some incense for you directly into God's throne room. And if you can't do that just call out my name and know that I will hear you in the spirit. And I will pray for you even if I don't know you by name. God does and He can and will get the message out and send you the help you need from His sanctuary.
Now be re-freshed as you read 'The WORD UP' aka 'The Fresh Manna For the Day' !!!
- B&P = Blessings and Prayers
- Be Stretched Not Stressed
- When I find myself Between a rock and a hard place I run to The Rock that is higher than I am
- Just because I feel it doesn't mean I have to own it
- I'm having an emotion I'm just trying not to let my emotion have me
- I'm Living for Today while doing my best for Tomorrow
- I Don't Take Care, I Shan't Take Care, I Won't Take Care,God Takes Care and I Refuse to so please Keep your 'Take Cares to Yourself"
- I'm Just Faithing it 'Til the Feelings Come
My Bucket List of a Thankful Heart
- For my Wonderful English husband who continues to love me and romance me as he promised
- One of my biggest blessings my sons Sean, Aaron, Evan from my womb and my bonus son Reece from my darling Michaels loins
- My Son Aaron as he turns 22 on the 27th of November thanks for waiting til my turkey was digested to come
- Gods faithfulness in answering my cry and causing my sister Bobbie to survive the horror of lung cancer and the removal of part of her lung
- For all my sisters Careen aka Jill, Leith Allison aka Allie, Marcia in glory land and Bobbie
- For having been blessed with two marvelous parents now in glory Blenkhorn and Hope Silvera
- Thank you dear God for the provision you so freely give and for all the generous saints of God who have hearts to give
- A special thanks to God and the people who helped me fill the 'Christmas boxes' you are wonderful
- For all the loving prayers of my friends and family
- Christian friends who love me both here and across the Big Pond
- For The WALL our (Sue Lucas and my) new Satellite group starting on Thanksgiving and for all who will be a part of it
- For living in country that is free to worship God openly
- For Will and Caroline Kemp and the Point
- For God TV, UCB Radio and Television and for all the great preaching and teaching I can enjoy
- Last but not least (for now) the honour of having my name written in the Lambs book of Life because of Jesus' sacrificial blood