Thursday 2 September 2010

Shake It Off And Step Up


This is for all you out there who are coming up against people who have been a bit of a 'donkey's end. Or, well how can I say it just ‘PLAIN EEEEVIL’.

You know the Kind…

Either they are the ones that smile in your face while twisting the knife into your back. Or they don’t even care to hide the venomous intents of their rotten hearts.

I know you must be saying; “Now, Now Soroya how can you talk like that”. But sorry there is just no nice way to broach the subject.

Sure I am just like you. I want to believe the best of people, but the bottom line is that we live in an ugly world with ugly people. And I don’t mean the outwardly ugly. I mean the ones who may look like the so called ‘Body beautifuls’ but on the inside they are what Jesus said are full of “Dead mans bones” the hypocrites. Matthew 23:27

The ones who think nothing of trashing your soul and throwing you on the wayside to rot in remorse and trepidation.

Sorry again but I am angry. Angry with righteous indignation. Angry that the evil doers seem to be inheriting the land. When I know that the Lord promised us that they would not. That we the righteous (those redeemed by the blood of the lamb) will be the ones to inherit the land.

Psalm 37:29

I am angry but I refuse to sin. Ephesians 4:26

There is a righteous anger. The kind that will stand in the gap for those who are being abused by the evil doers.

Don’t get me wrong I will pray for them and love them as Jesus said.

But I do not have to like them or agree with their evil deeds.

The Lord did not tell us that we had to like people who are like that. He said that we were to “Love”. Remember Love is a VERB. Matthew 5:44

It is not merely a series of ooshy, gooshy warm and fuzzy feelings. Feelings come and Feelings go. So let the feelings go and hang tight to the love. God's kind of love. The Love that will bless instead of curse. We can bless someone without blessing their actions or their wicked (twisted thinking) ways. Bless them with the mind of Christ and the fear of the Lord. Which is the beginning of wisdom Psalm 111:10

The poem below is one I wrote a few years ago when I read the headlines of the paper where a donkey was stuck in a well.

It reminded me of the story of the ‘Donkey in the Well” Here is my rendition of the story.

There once was a Donkey who was an adorable thing. But he had a bit of a stubborn streak. He really loved to tease his master by doing the things he knew made the old man upset. Then he would whinny with delight when he got a reaction. Now the Donkey didn’t have a mean streak. He was just a bit mischievous. But his master on the other hand, was a crotchety old man who had no sense of humor and took life far too seriously. One day the donkey got on the farmers last nerve, as he would not budge to do anything that the farmer wanted him to do. In fact he plopped right down on his ‘asses ass’(‘scuse’ the lingo.) This made the farmer more furious than he had ever been and the gears in his mind began to work over times as to how he could get rid of the obstinate creature. The farmer was at an odds as he did not know how to get rid of the donkey, as he was old and no one would want to buy him. Then one day in a fit of rage the farmer set a trap for the poor donkey over a well and when the sad fellow fell to the bottom of the well he left him there. Without much remorse I must say. On top of it he got even more malicious and began shoveling dirt onto his back. Man what a mean cuss he was. {Know any people like that? I do}

Anyway, Dear Mr. Donkey was an optimistic little fellow a “glass half full kinda guy”. So when he hit the bottom of the well instead of just sitting there as the dirt fell onto his back. Or feeling sorry for himself until he was buried alive. He simply began shaking his back as each clod fell down and stepped onto the pile of dirt beneath his feet.

Finally the little pile of dirt began to grow and as it did he simply shook it off and stepped up. As the evil farmer kept shoveling dirt and cussing out the poor creature, he began to smile wickedly thinking that his troubles were over.

Until all of a sudden as he turned to get a another pile of dirt, he heard the familiar sound that he knew so well. Yep you got it, the 'delightful little whinny of the donkey’. As he turned around he saw the donkeys' grinning face. Before the farmer could do a thing, the donkey simply jumped over the side of the well and ran off. Never to return.

The moral of the story when people are trying to bury you with the evil intentions of their heart simply do like the donkey and 'SHAKE IT ALL OFF AND STEP UP'.

When people are rotten and evil and mean
When their words try to bury you deep
Just think of the donkey stuck in the well
Don't let their junk make a heap
Just draw in a deep breath
Then count slowly to ten
Shake off their words with great might
With resolve in your spirit and a song on your lips
NEVER draw back from the fight
Be like the donkey...
Make the first move
To "SHAKE IT ALL OFF AND STEP UP"!!!!

Poem by; Soroya aka SS Firedancer © All rights reserved

1 comment:

  1. You absolutely rock Sista!! THANK YOU!! My soul rejoices to know that we are on the same side of the battle line.

    xoxox,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Hi All thank you for sending in your comments they will be greatly appreciated.
B&P
Firedancer

Word UP !!!

Thank you all who have in the recent days read my blog and given me such words of encourage-ment.
I cannot say how overwhelmed my heart is.
Please know that I pray for you all by name and take the time to ask God to bless you and speak directly to your heart as you read the words I write.
By the way I take no credit for the great stuff that comes out on the page.
I know full well that I am just taking dictation.
However for the not so great stuff well that would be me.
In any case I hope that when you read, you go away a little more encouraged. Remembering that we all go through pretty much the same stuff.
The great thing is that we never have to go it alone.
So if you ever need me just shoot me an email or a note and I will shoot up some incense for you directly into God's throne room. And if you can't do that just call out my name and know that I will hear you in the spirit. And I will pray for you even if I don't know you by name. God does and He can and will get the message out and send you the help you need from His sanctuary.
Now be re-freshed as you read 'The WORD UP' aka 'The Fresh Manna For the Day' !!!
~Firedancer
Related Posts with Thumbnails
animated butterflies Pictures, Images and Photos

Soroya-isms

  • B&P = Blessings and Prayers
  • Be Stretched Not Stressed
  • When I find myself Between a rock and a hard place I run to The Rock that is higher than I am
  • Just because I feel it doesn't mean I have to own it
  • I'm having an emotion I'm just trying not to let my emotion have me
  • I'm Living for Today while doing my best for Tomorrow
  • I Don't Take Care, I Shan't Take Care, I Won't Take Care,God Takes Care and I Refuse to so please Keep your 'Take Cares to Yourself"
  • I'm Just Faithing it 'Til the Feelings Come

Slide Show Spring 2010

My Bucket List of a Thankful Heart

  • For my Wonderful English husband who continues to love me and romance me as he promised
  • One of my biggest blessings my sons Sean, Aaron, Evan from my womb and my bonus son Reece from my darling Michaels loins
  • My Son Aaron as he turns 22 on the 27th of November thanks for waiting til my turkey was digested to come
  • Gods faithfulness in answering my cry and causing my sister Bobbie to survive the horror of lung cancer and the removal of part of her lung
  • For all my sisters Careen aka Jill, Leith Allison aka Allie, Marcia in glory land and Bobbie
  • For having been blessed with two marvelous parents now in glory Blenkhorn and Hope Silvera
  • Thank you dear God for the provision you so freely give and for all the generous saints of God who have hearts to give
  • A special thanks to God and the people who helped me fill the 'Christmas boxes' you are wonderful
  • For all the loving prayers of my friends and family
  • Christian friends who love me both here and across the Big Pond
  • For The WALL our (Sue Lucas and my) new Satellite group starting on Thanksgiving and for all who will be a part of it
  • For living in country that is free to worship God openly
  • For Will and Caroline Kemp and the Point
  • For God TV, UCB Radio and Television and for all the great preaching and teaching I can enjoy
  • Last but not least (for now) the honour of having my name written in the Lambs book of Life because of Jesus' sacrificial blood