Saturday 30 October 2010

Thoughts in Shades of Pink

This weekend I have am working on a mixed media piece that is totally in shades of “Pink”. It is in honor of Women who have battled with cancer. Either in the past or present.

IMG_2278

IMG_0211









Although pink is the color commonly associated with ‘breast cancer’. I have chosen to use it in honor of all women sufferers of cancer {all kinds of cancer.} As it is also the world renowned color for the female gender.

My piece is in recognition of the women in my life and in the lives of those close to me who have been touched by the horrors of cancer.

Either on a personal level or as one on the outside looking in.

As many of you may know one of my own sisters is a survivor of cancer. So I personally am dedicating this to piece to her.

Last year shortly after losing her husband to the battle of lung cancer my sister Bobbie was herself diagnosed with it. Thankfully though it was early enough for treatment and as a result had 1/3 of her lung removed. One year later she is doing well. Thanks be to God.

Here’s to you Bobbie. I love you.

I am sure that there are many of you out there who can relate to my story. Those who may have loved ones {both friends and family} who are either fighting this dread disease or who have sadly died from it.

And so I dedicate this piece to you also.

Or perhaps you are the one even now, who is having to hold your sword up. Fighting the good fight of faith against this Goliath, that is facing you head on with accusations of annihilation.

If this is your story I want to let you know that even as I am working on this piece I am thinking and praying for you. Dedicating it to you also.

So whether you are personally battling or you are standing in the gap for someone else. I want you to know that my heart is with you. I hope you can feel the strength of my prayers holding you up.

Love Peace and Joy, Firedancer aka Soroya

3 comments:

  1. Soroya,
    This so beautiful :).
    Lots of love, Neroli x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous piece my dear. You are so soulful and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Soroya,

    How are you? Haven't visited in a long time. I can truly relate to this piece. A friend of mine died 3 weeks ago from breast cancer. I wrote about it on my blog October 22. It's called Mourning the Loss of My Friend. You should read it when you get a chance. I love the pink masks.

    BTW ... I started a new photography blog to showcase photos of God's glorious creation. I invite you to stop by and follow the blog if you'd like. The URL is http://www.judysphotogallery.blogspot.com. Stop by my devotional writing blog too. I've given it a new look. Well talk to later. Take care.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Hi All thank you for sending in your comments they will be greatly appreciated.
B&P
Firedancer

Word UP !!!

Thank you all who have in the recent days read my blog and given me such words of encourage-ment.
I cannot say how overwhelmed my heart is.
Please know that I pray for you all by name and take the time to ask God to bless you and speak directly to your heart as you read the words I write.
By the way I take no credit for the great stuff that comes out on the page.
I know full well that I am just taking dictation.
However for the not so great stuff well that would be me.
In any case I hope that when you read, you go away a little more encouraged. Remembering that we all go through pretty much the same stuff.
The great thing is that we never have to go it alone.
So if you ever need me just shoot me an email or a note and I will shoot up some incense for you directly into God's throne room. And if you can't do that just call out my name and know that I will hear you in the spirit. And I will pray for you even if I don't know you by name. God does and He can and will get the message out and send you the help you need from His sanctuary.
Now be re-freshed as you read 'The WORD UP' aka 'The Fresh Manna For the Day' !!!
~Firedancer
Related Posts with Thumbnails
animated butterflies Pictures, Images and Photos

Soroya-isms

  • B&P = Blessings and Prayers
  • Be Stretched Not Stressed
  • When I find myself Between a rock and a hard place I run to The Rock that is higher than I am
  • Just because I feel it doesn't mean I have to own it
  • I'm having an emotion I'm just trying not to let my emotion have me
  • I'm Living for Today while doing my best for Tomorrow
  • I Don't Take Care, I Shan't Take Care, I Won't Take Care,God Takes Care and I Refuse to so please Keep your 'Take Cares to Yourself"
  • I'm Just Faithing it 'Til the Feelings Come

Slide Show Spring 2010

My Bucket List of a Thankful Heart

  • For my Wonderful English husband who continues to love me and romance me as he promised
  • One of my biggest blessings my sons Sean, Aaron, Evan from my womb and my bonus son Reece from my darling Michaels loins
  • My Son Aaron as he turns 22 on the 27th of November thanks for waiting til my turkey was digested to come
  • Gods faithfulness in answering my cry and causing my sister Bobbie to survive the horror of lung cancer and the removal of part of her lung
  • For all my sisters Careen aka Jill, Leith Allison aka Allie, Marcia in glory land and Bobbie
  • For having been blessed with two marvelous parents now in glory Blenkhorn and Hope Silvera
  • Thank you dear God for the provision you so freely give and for all the generous saints of God who have hearts to give
  • A special thanks to God and the people who helped me fill the 'Christmas boxes' you are wonderful
  • For all the loving prayers of my friends and family
  • Christian friends who love me both here and across the Big Pond
  • For The WALL our (Sue Lucas and my) new Satellite group starting on Thanksgiving and for all who will be a part of it
  • For living in country that is free to worship God openly
  • For Will and Caroline Kemp and the Point
  • For God TV, UCB Radio and Television and for all the great preaching and teaching I can enjoy
  • Last but not least (for now) the honour of having my name written in the Lambs book of Life because of Jesus' sacrificial blood